Effective Date: June 20, 2019
Sound, Inc. d/b/a Unicorn (“Unicorn,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) believes that people should be able to explore their world with safety, ease, and excitement. Included in this belief is our commitment to be transparent about how we process your information.
BY PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHERWISE USING OUR SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND OUR TERMS OF SERVICE.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- Information We Collect and Use
- How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
- Online Privacy Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Links to Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
When we use the term “personal information,” we mean any information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, as an individual person.
We collect your information from a variety of sources:
- Information You Provide to Us.
We collect and use personal information you provide to use in the following ways:
- Communications. If you communicate with us through any paper or electronic form, we collect your contact information, such as your name, address, email address and phone number, the content of the communication and the metadata associated with the communication. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, and to communicate with you, including through the website or by email, mail, phone, text message, push notification, chat, or any other paper or electronic form.
- Newsletters. If you sign up to receive news or alerts from us, we collect your contact information, applicable interests and communication preferences. We use this information to manage our communications with you. If you wish to stop receiving email messages from us, please see the “Online Privacy Choices" section below.
- Ordering. If you order a scooter, we will collect your contact, shipping and billing information, including payment information, physical address and email address. We use ordering information to complete your transaction, ship you the product, communicate with you about your order – including by video call – and for customer support purposes.
- Registration. If you register for an account – including when you register a scooter with us or register for our Unicorn Cares program - we will collect your contact information, username and password, and information about your scooter, including the scooter’s precise location. We use this information to administer your account, provide you with the relevant services and information, communicate with you regarding the Services and for customer support purposes.
- Employment Applications. If you apply for employment, we collect your contact and demographic information, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the relevant application process, and to facilitate the onboarding process.
- Events, Surveys, Contests or Sweepstakes. If you fill out any forms relating to Unicorn events, surveys, contests or sweepstakes, we collect your contact and demographic information and any other information requested on the form. We use this information to fulfill the purpose of the form and facilitate the event, contest, survey, contest or sweepstakes, and to inform you about future programs that may be of interest to you.
- UnicornCare and User Support. If you register for our UnicornCare program or file a support claim with us, we collect information about your account, your scooter, and information relating to your user support requests, such as information about your stolen or damaged product. We use this information to administer your account and to evaluate and respond to your claim.
- Information from Third Party Sources.
We may receive personal information about you from our business partners and service providers and combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. The third parties may include website operators, payment processors, marketing partners, shipping providers, job application platforms, references, background check providers and recruiters. The information may include contact information, demographic information, interests, information about your orders, educational and professional history, background checks and performance reviews. We use this information to administer and facilitate our Services, your orders, our marketing activities and the discovery and evaluation of job candidates.
- Information we Collect Automatically.
We use various technologies to collect information about the device or browser you use to navigate our Sites, or from your use of our Services, including:
- Web Logs. As is true of many websites and email communications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends on our Sites, manage and administer the content, for security and availability of the Services, improve the performance of the Services, and for fraud protection and to protect our rights and the rights and safety of individuals.
- Google Analytics. We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about your use of the Services. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users access the Services, what pages they access when they do so and what other sites they used prior to using the Services. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Services. To learn more about the use of data collection technologies by Google for analytics and to exercise choice regarding those technologies, please visit the Google Analytics Opt-Out browser add-on page.
- Other Uses of Personal Information.
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To develop, maintain, improve and operate the Services.
- To personalize your user experience.
- To communicate with you to provide technical or administrative support.
- To conduct, manage and grow our organization.
- To analyze, research and investigate the use of our Services.
- To prevent, investigate and provide notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of personal information, the Services or our data systems, and to meet legal, regulatory, judicial and institutional policy obligations.
- To investigate and resolve disputes and security issues and to enforce our Terms of Service.
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purpose.
- HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Service Providers. We share personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as job application platforms, background check providers, recruiters, event coordinators, market research providers, advertising partners and technology providers (including technology support providers, email communications providers, analytics providers, data storage providers and web operators and developers).
- Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. We may disclose personal information to governmental regulatory authorities as required by law, including for tax or accounting purposes, in response to their requests for such information or to assist in investigations. We may also disclose personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes or litigation, when otherwise required by law, or if we determine its disclosure is necessary to protect the health and safety of you or any other person, to protect against fraud or credit risk, or to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments that you have made.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information as part of an organizational business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, financing, or sale of organizational assets and may transfer personal information to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. We may also disclose personal information in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- At Your Request. We may disclose your information publicly or with another third party with your prior authorization.
- ONLINE PRIVACY CHOICES
- Online Advertising.
We support the self-regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). We work with advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, and analytics companies (“Ad Partners”) that use data collection technologies to understand how our Services are being used and to analyze your location and browsing history in order to deliver advertising relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related insights such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research. These advertisements may appear on our Services or other websites or services, including through social media networks. These Ad Partners may be able to associate devices across third party websites or services over time and link various devices used by the same individual.
For more information about how Ad Partners use the information collected by these technologies and your options for restricting cookies placed by some of these Ad Partners, please visit the DAA’s opt-out page. The DAA’s opt-outs are device- and browser-specific and may not work on all devices. If you choose to opt-out through the DAA’s tools it does not mean you will cease to see advertising. Rather, the ads you see will be based on the website you are visiting and not your interests.
You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings menu on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some — but not all — interest-based advertising served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
- Privacy Preferences
You have some choices regarding how we use your personal information, including the following:
- Access to Your Device Information. You may control the App’s access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the app to access your location and camera.
- How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. You may not opt-out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- How to Control Push Notifications. You can stop receiving push notifications from us by changing your preferences in the iOS or Android notifications settings menu.
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
As such, we do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have received information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to third party websites or services, including those of our business partners and social media sites. Our Services may also include buttons and widgets hosted by other companies (for example, the Facebook “Share” button). Some of these features collect personal information or other information such as your IP address and information about the websites you have visited.
- HOW TO CONTACT US